BONUS research call to open
on 16 January 2014
The BONUS Secretariat
preannounces the BONUS call 2014: Sustainable ecosystem services to open
on Thursday, 16 January 2014. Depending on the theme called, there is
up to EUR 2 or 3 million of funding available for successful project
proposals with the total funding at EUR 15 million.
Proposals will be sought to cover the following six themes under the strategic objectives 2, 3 and 4 of the BONUS strategic research agenda, update 2014:
Objective 2: Meeting the multifaceted challenges in linking the Baltic Sea with its coast and catchment
- theme 2.3 Integrated approaches to coastal management (up to EUR 3 million per project)
Objective 3: Enhancing sustainable use of coastal and marine goods and services of the Baltic Sea
- theme 3.1 Enhanced, holistic cross-sector maritime risk analysis and management, including effects of new technologies, human factor, climate change effects in open water and in ice, and interaction with onshore activities (up to EUR 2 million per project)
- theme 3.2 Assessing the effects of air and water pollution and introduction of energy (including noise) by shipping activities on the marine environment and integrated water management in harbours (up to EUR 3 million per project)
Objective 4: Improving the capabilities of the society to respond to the current and future challenges directed to the Baltic Sea region
- theme 4.1 Governance structures, policy performance and policy instruments (up to EUR 2 million per project)
- theme 4.2 Linking ecosystem goods and services to human lifestyles and well-being (up to 2 million EUR per project)
- theme 4.3 Maritime spatial planning from local to Baltic Sea region scale (up to 2 million EUR per project)
The call fact sheet, applicants guide, and other relevant information will be made available online when the call opens on 16 January at www.bonusportal.org/calls section of the BONUS website.
The calendar of national information events for the call is available at www.bonusportal.org/info2014 and this will be updated each time that a new national information event is confirmed.
Further information and updates are made available as these become available through the BONUS e-bulletin updates (subscribe at www.bonusportal.org/bulletin) and on the BONUS website newsroom.