Vacancy deadline for BONUS EEIG Project Officer extended until 30 September 2018
BONUS Baltic Organisations’ Network for Funding Science EEIG is seeking for a Project Officer
BONUS Baltic Organisations’ Network for Funding Science EEIG is an independent organisation with a legal form of European Economic Interest Grouping. It is formed by research funding organisations from the Baltic Sea countries. BONUS is funded by the national research funding organisations and the European Commission. Its Secretariat is located in Helsinki, Finland.
The future Project Officer will assist the Acting Executive Director of the BONUS EEIG in the tasks related to coordination of 2BONUS2 coordination and support action (CSA) ‘Towards the joint Baltic Sea and the North Sea research and innovation programme’.
The overarching objective is to create the necessary conditions for durable coordination of research and innovation efforts in the North Sea and Baltic Sea region by preparing a framework for launching the joint Baltic Sea and the North Sea research and innovation programme (2021 and onwards). This action will serve as a transition measure between the ongoing Baltic-Sea-focused BONUS Art. 185 programme and the foreseen future BONUS 2 programme with an extended geographical scope and in close cooperation with the relevant research networks in Europe.
The tasks of Project Officer include (but are not limited to):
· managing the work of the national-level programme managers in the 2BONUS2 CSA project
· developing the Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA) for the future Joint North Sea and the Baltic Sea R&I programme
· forming the future programme’s stakeholder platforms
· devising specific measures aiming for reinforcing the future programme’s impact
· a PhD degree in marine, environmental or related discipline of science
· previous experience in coordinating or managing implementation of transnational research or innovation projects in the North Sea or its drainage basin
· excellent written and spoken English
Desired (further) qualifications:
· knowledge of other European languages
· personal networks involving relevant R&I communities and funders within the North Sea and the Baltic Sea regions
· previous experience in working with the European Commission services, and/or relevant macro-regional level bodies
· experience, and/or education in areas of maritime technology and/or economy
This term of appointment as a member of the BONUS EEIG Secretariat located in Helsinki, Finland will start ideally in November 2018 and continue until April 2021 with possible extension. The salary will be negotiated on the basis of the competence, experience and other qualifications of the selected candidate. There is also a possibility to consider the specifics of the successful candidate’s other working arrangements e.g. mobility and partial remote work as deemed necessary.
For more information about the position and the qualifications, contact Acting Executive Director Andris Andrusaitis, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Applications including curriculum vitae and salary request should be sent by 16:00 o’clock (EEST) on 30 September 2018 by email to email@example.com. For additional information about BONUS, see www.bonusportal.org.
Vacancy announcement BONUS EEIG Project Officer
For the personal data handling, please see our privacy statement: Privacy statement BONUS employees and job applicants (pdf) (309.3 KB)