First Announcement: 2nd Baltic Earth Conference, 11-15 June 2018, HelsingorThe 2nd Baltic Earth Conference: The Baltic Sea Region in Transition, will take place in Helsingor, Denmark on 11-15 June 2018. Scientists, managers and other stakeholders are welcomed to attend the conference.
Covered will be themes and topics of Baltic Earth, in particular highlighting the Baltic Earth Grand Challenges as defined in the Baltic Earth Science Plan. 'The Baltic Sea in Transition' refers to both transition processes in the Baltic Sea, its catchment basin, as well as to transition processes related to climatic and socio-economic processes. Furthermore, contributions are also invited to processes in the transition area between the Baltic and the North Sea.
The sessions of the conference will include the following topics:
- Salinity dynamics in the Baltic Sea
- Land-sea biogeochemical linkages
- Natural hazards and extreme events
- Sea level dynamics in the Baltic Sea
- Regional variability of water and energy exchanges
- Multiple drivers for regional Earth system changes
- Regional climate system modelling
Call for papers will be published in late 2017 and abstract submissions will be invited until February 2018.
For more information,visit the conference website at www.baltic.earth/helsingor2018