Call for abstracts: European Marine Biology Symposium 53, 17-21 September 2018, OstendFrom 17 till 21 September 2018, the Flanders Marine Institute (VLIZ) and LifeWatch Belgium will be organising the 53rd edition of the European Marine Biology Symposium (EMBS53) in Ostend, Belgium.
Abstract submissions for oral papers and scientific posters are welcomed, in particularly on topics of ‘Marine Biology from a Historical Perspective’, ‘Science in a Modern Era’, ‘Marine and Coastal Citizen Science’ and ‘Science in the North Sea’. Submission deadline is 15 April 2018. All abstract submissions should be submitted via our abstract submission form (www.embs53.org/submit).
The Journal of the Marine Biological Association (JMBA) will publish a special issue of the EMBS53 conference (October 2019). Everyone who contributes a poster or an oral presentation at the EMBS53 is invited to submit a manuscript by December 7, 2018. All manuscripts will go through a peer-review process.
- Deadline abstract submission (there will be NO extension of the deadlines): 15 April 2018
- Notification on abstract acceptance: 15 May 2018
- Deadline early bird registration: 31 May 2018
- Deadline late registration: 31 August 2018
- EMBS53: 17-21 September 2018