Abstract submission and registration are now open for the 4th International Symposium on Research and Management of Eutrophication in Coastal Ecosystems, 18-20 June 2018, Nyborg, DenmarkThe agenda of the 4th International Symposium on Research and Management of Eutrophication in Coastal Ecosystems, EUTRO 2018, will include
- Setting the scene: What is coastal eutrophication?
- Presentation and discussion of scientific results in relation to specific eutrophication issues, e.g.:
- Causative factors and direct and indirect eutrophication effects
- Climate and physical control on the biogeochemical dynamics and eutrophication status of the coastal zone
- Effects of eutrophication of biodiversity, food webs and ecosystem services
- Monitoring, modelling and assessment of eutrophication
Speakers will include among other, Carlos M. Duarte, KAUST, Saudi Arabia; Donald Boesch, UMCES, USA; Monika Winder, SU, Sweden; Marianne Holmer, SDU, Denmark; Alf Norkko, UH, Finland; Jeremy Testa, UMCES, USA; Ulrich Claussen, UBA, Germany.
EUTRO 2018 Symposium Proceedings will be published as a Research Topic in Frontiers in Marine Science (FMARS), section on Marine Ecosystem Ecology. Guest editors are: Jesper H. Andersen, Jacob Carstensen, Marianne Holmer, Dorte Krause-Jensen and Katherine Richardson.
30 March 2018 Submission of abstracts closes
4 May 2018 Draft
programme and book-of-abstracts is published online
11 May 2018 Registration closes. Please note that the number of participants is limited. Places at
EUTRO 2018 will be allocated
on a first-come first-served basis. Sign up early
to avoid disappointment!
For detail on the topics and themes of oral presentations and seminars as well as other information, visit the conference webpage at www.conferencemanager.dk/EUTRO2018/