51st ECSA international sumposium 'Research & Management of Transitional Waters'
The conference, organised in collaboration with BALLOON (Baltic Lagoon research Network) and EUROMEDLAG (Euro-Mediterranean federation of coastal lagoons and transitional water bodies), will take place in Klaipeda, Lithuania on 23-27 September 2012.Conference topics:
- Global and local drivers of change in transitional waters.
- Integrated management of coastal systems.
- Physical and biological gradients in transitional waters and their interaction.
- Ecosystem goods and services in transitional waters.
Keynote speakers & topics:
- Markus Huettel Department of Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Science, Florida State University, Florida.
- Tiziana Luisetti The Centre for Social and Economic Research on the Global Environment (CSERGE), School of Environmental Sciences University of East Anglia, UK.
- Carl Leonetto Amos National Oceanography Centre, University of Southampton, UK.
- Cross-border management of lagoons and transitional waters: ARTWEI project. Convener Gerald Schernewski, Leibniz-Institute for Baltic Sea Research Warnemuende, Germany.
- Invasive bivalves in ecosystem remediation: from theoretical concerns to practical challenges. Convener Anastasija Zaiko, Coastal Research and Planning Institute, Klaipėda, Lithuania.
- Management of fisheries in coastal lagoons. Convener Patrick Polte, Institute for Baltic Sea Fisheries, Rostock, Germany.
- Ecological classification and indication of lagoon ecosystems: new perspectives and challenges. Convener Prof. Alberto Basset, University of Salento, Lecce, Italy.